Search This Blog

Labels

Monday 27 January 2014

Review: Urban Decay - Naked 3 Palette

Hi everyone! It's been a while since the last post but you know, I've been a bit busy :D
Here I am again to show you the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay. This was a Christmas present by my boyfriend (which I thank a lot <3) and I wanted to try it out and test it for a while before writing a proper review of that.

Of this palette I've been hearing a lot, both on bad and good sides, someone loves it, someone hates it.
For what concernes me, I personally like it a lot and I'm going to tell you why in a few minutes.













The palette in general:
This palette is in a bulk case, very solid but very nice and elegant, it contains 12 eyeshadows, a double ended brush and comes together a sample size of each variant of the Primer Potion, the famous eyeshadow primer by Urban Decay (4 shades: original, sin, anti-age and eden).

In my personal opinion, unlike many people say, this palette doesn't contain eyeshadows that are similar to the previous Naked palettes ones. This palette is all focused on pink tones and I think that is more suitable for a large variety of skin tones, but it's expecially stunning on pale skin.

The brush is quite useful as well, it's very soft and has 2 types of shapes: one side is a flat brush, the other one is more of a blending/crease brush.

Where can I buy this? You can find it on Sephora website or in one of their stores in Italy (other sites may have it in other countries as well)
Price: 45,90 €


The colors (left to right):

  • Strange: it's a satin but almost matte white-rosy shade. It's a bit difficult to describe because it looks matte but if you compare it to a true matte you can definitely tell that it's not.
  • Dust: it's a dusty (:D) glittery pale pink color. Don't like this very much.
  • Burnout: it's very similar to dust in the color but the finish is satin and goes on super easy
  • Limit: it's a matte dusty pink, perfect color for the crease or the lid as well
  • Buzz: it's a gorgeous satin-metallic bright pink
  • Trick: it's a gold satin shade with a pink undertone
  • Nooner: this is the perfect color for the crease, a darker version of Limit that looks like a brown-violet-taupe shade
  • Liar: metallic taupe shade with pink undertone
  • Factory: metallic brown with a warm undertone
  • Mugshot: metallic brown with cool undertone
  • Darkside: gorgeous satin grey with a pink/violet undertone
  • Blackheart: matte black base with red and pink shimmer


What I like about it:

  • The colors are stunning. I decided I wanted this Naked palette of all the 3 because of this pink tone to all of the shades that is pretty uncommon in most of the palettes that I'm used to see around.
  • Matte colors: there are few matte colors in this palette but they are simply amazing. Richly pigmented, blend super easily and the shades are very nice
  • You can make completely different looks out of it
  • I LOVE the packaging, it just feel luxurious and very cured
What I don't like so much:
  • The color Dust is definitely not my favorite because of the texture. It is in fact kind of weird, it's super dusty, coarse and when you apply it on the eyes it just makes a massive mess. Seriously Urban Decay, why?!
  • The colors Liar, Factory and Mugshot are beautiful individually and swatched but when you put this colors on the eyes they look very similar, you can't really tell the difference if you blend one with another (but this can be changed applying a colored base before
Overall impression:
I'm really satisfied with this palette, I use it often and I will surely do some tutorial with it soon :) 

Vote: 8.5/10

Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned!
Giulia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment