Search This Blog

Labels

Monday 3 February 2014

Review Lime Crime Products

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to share my toughts about some Lime Crime products I bought some time ago.

From left to right: Carousel Lipgloss in Candy Apple; Candy Future Collection Lipstick in 101 Glamour; Velvetine Lip Color in Red Velvet; Uniliner in Orchidaceous


Swatches from left to right: Carousel Lipgloss in Candy Apple; Candy Future Collection Lipstick in 101 Glamour; Velvetine Lip Color in Red Velvet. On top: Uniliner in Orchidaceous

Let me say one thing: I was super excited to try out Lime Crime products because, as many of you know, Lime Crime is not available here in Italy (and in many European countries as well). For those wondering where I got these, I got them online on English site (cocktailcosmetics.co.uk) who is authorized to sell this brand. And it wasn't cheap at all.

But let's get in detail, shall we?
What I really wanted to try was the Velvetines lip stain because I was looking for a lip stain that had a matte finish, and I heard some really positive reviews about this.


I bought the shade Red Velvet which is the darker red version, but it's available in other two colors, Suedeberry which is a brighter orangy red and Pink Velvet which is a bright fucsia. It comes in a very eye-catching packaging (as all other things from Lime Crime) that has a gloss-like tip. You apply it liquid (it really seems like a liquid lipstick when you apply it) and after a few moments it dries completely matte, giving the velvet effect which it's famous for.



Packaging: ©©©
Color: ©©©
Texture: ©©
the texture it's very nice, but it's a bit dry so I suggest moisturizing your lips well before applying
Price: 13.50 £ (around 16,50 €) - It's a bit pricy but it's definitely worth the money
Duration: very long, I even ate with this stain on and everything was fine afterwards. You should be careful with wet lips though, expecially in the inner part of the lips, because the stain can't really "grab" them and it'll result in some parts of the lips completely stain-free (it's not a nice effect, expecially with such a bright color)

Vote: 9/10

The next thing I bought was the Carousel Lip Gloss in Candy Apple. The packaging is sooo gorgeous, it seems like a candy (you know the ones you can buy at luna park or places like that *w*) and I liked the idea of a red gloss with little sparkles in it, so pretty and so sweet.



Unlike most of glosses this one has a very small precision lip brush tip, and I like it a lot because it allows you to be very precise with that.
Instead of a gloss, I think this is more of a liquid lipstick because it is incredibly pigmented and stays much longer. What I don't like so much is that's a bit sticky (but I mean, it's normal if it stays longer than a normal gloss). The color is pretty amazing: although I don't like sparkling things on my lips, this gloss it's very nice and doesn't bother me at all.

The REAL big problem of this it's you have to be extra-careful when you apply it otherwise you're probably going to make a gigantic mess. This gloss is so pigmented and thick that might go over your teeths (happened lots of times...) and if you plan to drink or eat with this on FORGET IT or it'll pretty much go all over your face, and that's not nice.

Candy apple: a very glossy apple red with some gold sparkles
Packaging: ©©©
Color: ©©©
Texture: ©©
A bit thick (more of a lipstick) and sticky
Price: 11.50 £ (around 14,00 €) - Pricy but I don't regret buying this
Duration: pretty long if you don't touch it, messy if you drink or eat with this on

Vote: 7.5/10

Next is the lipstick. Let's be honest: I was attracted by this lipstick for the packaging... a silver unicorn in a lilac field... pretty original :D amazing job on their packaging seriously. 



I chose the color Glamour 101 because the others were... let's say not easily wearable XD This is pretty much a warm tone red.
This lipstick was the major disappointment of the entire order because I expected more, expecially after reading so many positive reviews about that.
First thing I don't like it's the texture, it's really too creamy, in fact if you bought this and did like me, that is applying the lipstick without anything under it (no pencil, no line perfector etc) you would have noticed that it bleeds soooo much, and I was so very angry for this. This is in absolute the first lipstick I bought that gave me that bleeding effect. Ew. And even when I apply it with pencil and line perfector it tends to go all over my face.
Second thing I'm not a real fan of the pigmentation. I'd expected the gloss would be less pigmented than a lipstick, but that's it. I'm quite happy with the color, but to obtain the right shade on my lips I have to put more layers, and that's not good because of the problem I've mentioned before. 


About 3 layers of color, dabbed with a tissue afterwards
Packaging: ©©©
Color: ©©
Texture: -
Way to creamy, bleeds very much
Price: 12.50 £ (around 15,20 €) - Definetely not worth the hype, regret buying this
Duration: medium, it lasts about 3 hours (if you don't drink or eat) but the color fades quickly

Vote: 4/10

Last but not least the eyeliner. Of this I must say I'm pretty impressed by the pigmentation (the swatch is at the beginning of the post), though I would not buy this again for a simple reason: the color is very particular. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a beautiful color but I use it so rarely that is kind of wasted money. If you're a makeup artist you probably should buy this because it's a good product and it's kind of unique, both for the color and the finish. Although if you're only a makeup lover like me, you'll probably won't wear this every day.



Packaging: ©©©
Color: ©©©
Texture: ©©©
very nice, dries to a matte finish, intensely pigmented
Price: 9.00 £ (around 11,00 €) - Worth invest on it if you like colorful eyeliners
Duration: not sure on this, I only wore it once but that time lasted me quite long 


Vote: 8/10

Hope you enjoyed this review and I'll see you soon!
Giulia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment