Search This Blog

Labels

Tuesday 24 June 2014

The best and worst products of the last 2-3 months! Pt.1: the best

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to share with you the best products of this last period. Of course anything regarding the products is a strict personal opinion and products that worked for me don't necessarly work for you! That being said, let's get into it ;)

Foundation:
Lately I've been OBSESSED with this foundation by Clinique, the "Stay-Matte, oil-free makeup". I wear it almost every day and it's gorgeous.


Coverage: the coverage of this foundation is sheer but buildable. I think it's not appropriate for those who have a lot of imperfections though it's perfect for summer if you don't want to wear a heavy-duty foundation every day.
Appropriate for: oily skin. I wouldn't recommend this for dry or combo skin because when it dries it has a powdery effect and will accetuate any dry spot.
Duration: very good! this foundation lasts on my face 5 to 7 hours! Though after about 4 hours I have to touch up on my T-zone.
Notes: the only complaint I have about this foundation is the shade range, which is not very good especially if you are fair. The lightest shade is a bit dark for me, nothing excessive during summer but surely not appropriate in winter.

Concealer:
I've always had issues with concealers because unfortunately I have genetic dark circles - that means they never go away, even if I sleep 12 h sob... - and they're veeeeeery dark. I never found a concealer that could cover them entirely and/or could last all day long... until I found this little baby here!


This is the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, which it's originally meant for covering tatooes/scars. Yeah, it might sound a bit drastic to you, but believe me this is the only concealer I can apply to my (well moisturized) dark circles and...poof! They disappear! And most important thing: it doesn't move at all. Even after 12 h you have it on, it's still there.
Only note I have about it (apart from the price), it's not easy to apply, especially if you're learning. You have to apply a really tiny amount and do it fast because it tends to dry quickly. Just practice :)

Eyeliners/Kajals:
Lately I was really into the "quest for the perfect black eyeliner" and I found what I think it's the perfect one (for me at least :D): it's by NABLA Cosmetics and it's the Velvetline Long-wear matte eye-pencil in Bombay Black. For those of you who don't know NABLA is a new Italian brand by the MUA and Youtuber MrDanielMakeup. International shipping is available for EU but unfortunately not for US yet.


Eyeliners swatches: Nabla and Deborah Milano compared to Perversion by Urban Decay
Why I think it's perfect: this pencil it's all a black eyeliner should be, it's soft, it's intensely pigmented, it's waterproof, it lasts all day, it doesn't transfer on the lid and on top of all it writes very well and lasts for long on the waterline as well. As you can see from the swatches the intensity of the black has nothing to envy to the well known Perversion by Urban Decay.

Another equally good eyeliner that I found it's the Deborah Milano - Extra Eye Pencil in shade 01. This one is very similar to the NABLA one but it lasts a little less in the waterline (but really really good and easy to find). When I bought this one I actually bought other colors from the same line and they're all gorgeous.

From left to right: 05, 02, 04, 03. Number 03 it's awsome on brown eyes!
And for the gel liner I have a new favourite, which is the L'Oreal - Gel Intenza Eyeliner in 01 Pure Black.


Very easy to apply, very smooth and intensely black, dries to a matte finish and stays all day.

Eyeshadows:
For eyeshadows I do fall again for NABLA. They're eyeshadows are simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. They're new summer collection is out now and I've bought a lot of the shades (might do a tutorial soon).

The palettes comes free with every 6 refill ordered!

Another palette that I'm really enjoyng lately it's a new product by Zoeva, the Naturally Yours palette.


All the shades are really nice pigmented and the range of colors it's really good. Useful if you're traveling, with this palette you can create both natural and both smokey-evening looks.
Of 10 shades, 5 are matte; overall the colors are more on the warm side and can be a bit dusty, but I think it might be a good deal!

Blush:
My everyday blush it's been almost for a month now this one by Yamamay, which might sound strange but yes, they do have cosmetics too (and I didn't know!).


This is the Baked Blush in 01-Peach. Though I wasn't very impressed with all the line, this blush is beautiful! It gives a natural glowy healthy look and lasts a long amount of time.

Lip Balms:
I don't have much to say about this two apart from that they do what they're supposed to do: they moisturize my lips very well even with the heat and wind.


Notes: the second one has quite a strong scent to it, which doesn't bother me at all but might bother someone. It smells much like vanilla. Both of this lip balms leave the lips shiny and wet, so if you don't like this effect you won't like these.

Nail polishes:
Last but not least, nail polishes. This time I was attracted by the Sephora ones because I was willing to try some new stuff, but I wasn't expecting anything special. I was actually surprised by how good these are! They literally last me twice than any other nail polish I have. Ok, let's be honest here: I don't have any high-end nail polish, because I'm not willing to pay a very high price for that since nail polishes lasts veeery little on my nails anyway... but these, for the price they have (about 5€) are really good!

Left to right: Psychedelic, Full Moon Party, Ka-Pow!, Walk on the Wild Side
Also what pleases me most it's that when you put them on the nails they look exactly how they look in the bottle. Color range it's pretty good too! I'm surely gonna buy more of these ;)

Ok, that's all for my favourite of this period! I'll see you very soon with the worst :)

Bye!

Giulia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment