Search This Blog

Labels

Wednesday 2 July 2014

The best and worst products of the last 2-3 months! Pt. 2: ...the worst

Here is the second part of the post with the worst products of the last 2-3 months.

Sooo let's get started.

Foundation:
I wanted to start with this foundation because this is probably the most disappointing product I've ever bought. I'm talking of Immaculate Liquid to Powder Foundation from Hourglass.


This is probably the most expensive foundation I've ever seen around, the price was around 65€. It's supposed to be the holy grail foundation for those who have oily skin because it's very matte and it's supposed to stay matte all day.
Why I don't like it: I don't like this foundation at all for several reasons. First of all the coverage it's not even sheer, it's inexistent if you apply only one layer and, on the contrary of what the official site says, IT'S NOT BUILDABLE. If you want more coverage from this foundation forget it: as soon as you start to apply the second layer, patches start to appear all over your face and if you managed somehow to apply a smooth and even first layer this will be messed up in no time. This happens because this foundation dries so quickly you don't even have time to blend it on the skin, and once it dries it's completly matte. I've tried soo many times to get this right because of the crazy price of this foundation but I just can't apply it even. I've tried with all kinds of brushes, with my fingers, with a primer... nothing works!
The only time I went out with this foundation on I got oily in my T-zone in less than 3 hours (and I haven't got extremely oily skin...) and it started to get patchy.
On top of all, this product was not easy to find... as you may know Hourglass sells its products in US but it's extremely difficult to find them in EU.
Absolute waste of money.

Eyeliner:
This one was a stab in the heart... I was so excited when I bought this because it's the number 1 black pencil, every one loves it. Yes, I'm talking about the Urban Decay - Perversion Eyeliner.


I actually bought a double pencil because the Perversion by itself was out of stock and I was impatient to try it.
At first when I swatched it on my hand it seemed perfect: super intense, smooth, dries to a matte finish in a while. The real problem with this pencil occurs if you put it in the waterline and you wear contacts. For some kind of reason after 10-15 minutes after I applied this in the water line i started to get a blurry vision of my surroundings and I didn't understand what was going on. It was also kind of dangerous because I was driving! After I arrived at university i removed my contacts and washed them carefully, but after a few minutes there we go again. Only a day later I realized this pencil was the guility! It creates a sort of oily film on the contacts. I tried to use it only on my lid but the duration it's not so great! I much prefer my Nabla pencil!
Nono!

Concealer:
Another product from Urban Decay, this time I'm talking about the 24/7 Concealer Pencil.


As I said in the previous post, I have a difficult relationship with concealers, especially the creamy ones. I bought this because I wanted an alternative to the MUFE one (which I can't apply if I'm in a hurry because it would result in a big mess). This concealer literally didn't last me 2 h. In less than 2 h it moved all over, it accentuated the fine lines around the eyes and faded where I needed it most. I really don't understand why it happens in my dark circles zone since I'm not oily there and I always fix everything with powder. Bah.

Cream Eyeshadow:
Last I wanted to talk about this cream eyeshadow by Kiko, which is a limited edition but you can still find it both on the site and in the shops.
This is probably the worst cream eyeshadow I've ever tried. More than a cream, it seems much like a mousse to me.



I don't know if the problem is with this shade only, I've read some reviews of other people that bought other shades and they were fine. I swatched this shade (which is 100) in the shop on my hand and it seemed a lovely color, which is why I bought it. Although when you apply it on the lid it goes on super sheer, uneven and the worst thing that happened is that when it dried it was so dry that my lid actually stinged. I removed it right away and never used it.

That was all for the worst products, see you soon!
Bye!

Giulia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment